Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Man In My Life....

After all the drama of my marriage ending, me coping with a new life, and raising 2 beauties on my own, I chose to sign up for a dating website.  It was for pure entertainment.  I just wanted to chat with guys and make some of the lonely time in my day, not so lonely. (Desperate I know, but I was in a HORRIBLE place in my life!)  I chose Christian Mingle in hopes of finding a man who was after a close relationship with God.  I was just going along and sending smiles to people, and this went on for a few weeks.  I had met some not so outwardly christian people, so I tried a different tactic sending the quote "How YOU doin'?"  I sent it to several guys I thought were cute, and pretty quickly I got a response about how that was so funny and he liked my profile, and so on and so forth.  That was just the beginning!!!

We met  about 10 days later, we met at Fuzzy's Taco in Weatherford.  After the initial meeting, and the nerves settled down, we talked like we had know each other forever and we closed the place down that night.  The next night we went out again at Logan's Roadhouse.  Again, the conversation was effortless.  He is an amazing guy who loves the Lord and strives to walk close with Him everyday.  That to me is what a man is meant to do.  THAT is what I am looking for in a man.

He brought me to his church, and in turn to a small group I love.  He encourages me to walk with the Lord daily.  He is the most thought out person I have ever met.  He rarely speaks without thinking it through.  Aggravating as it may be, it is refreshing to feel secure in a decision made about most everything.  
His kids are AMAZING, he has a boy, 12, and a girl, 8, that round out who he is. 

Fast Forward 6 1/2 months, and here we are.  
Still going strong and loving the life we lead together.  We go to the most amazing church (which the girls and I will join tomorrow) ,we pray together, we enjoy time with all 4 of our kiddos, we put God first in our relationship, we act totally silly together.  Match made in Heaven if you ask me!!!



Thank you Clint, for helping me to be right where I am in this crazy life of mine.
I wouldn't be here without you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment