Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God Hears Me

I had spent at least 4 months praying many a prayer and not getting the answer I wanted.  I was to the point that I knew He heard me, I just needed some visual sign that made me feel better.  Don't get me wrong, I am a christian, I have been for YEARS, but when things get tough, doubts enter your mind that were never there before.  It is not a good place to be.

 In August, as I was sitting outside my home in Jacksboro, I watched the most amazing lightning show I have ever seen. I had been trying for at least 20 minutes to catch one of the many, many lightning bolts with my phone's camera.  They were just so beautiful, I wanted to have one to look at when I needed raw, God given beauty to look at.  I had at least 20 pictures that were near misses.  So at that point, I said, out loud, "God, if you hear me, PLEASE let me catch a picture of a lightning bolt.  I need to KNOW you hear me.  I need to KNOW you are listening."

And, THIS was the very next lightning bolt!!!


So, from that moment on, to this day, I KNOW God hears me.  From all the things that have transpired in the last 7 months, I KNOW he is answering my prayers, just not with the answers I think are best, it is with the answers HE knows are best!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just ran across your blog and I've enjoyed what I've read so far!

    ReplyDelete